Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quasi-Periodic Steady State Analysis

I have learned that there are many ways to get the IP3 (input referred 3rd order intercept point) such as using the transient and DFT method, and the QPSS or quasi-periodic steady state analysis. It's my first time to use; I found it easy and interesting though.

How to use the QPSS? Using Virtuoso Analog Design Environment, here are the things to be set up:

1. First, make a test circuit creating 2 voltage source with frequency 1 and frequency 2 for the positive and negative input of the amplifier. For my analysis, I've used f1=98MHz and f2=100MHz. Of course, I should have the same amplitude for my 2 signals.

2. Engine setting is shooting.

3. Conservative is used for accuracy.

4. Pre-determined Sweep Range for the input signal. For example from 60dBuV to 120dBuV.

5. For the sweep type, I usually use the linear type with step size of 2.

Saving the netlist and running the program results to the following graph:

image credit by silvaco

No comments: